One thing that the majority of our customers prefer is to get the lowest possible friction. Certainly, not everyone wants this, but it makes sense given the popularity of lightweight...
FLEXSKATES Gaming Mouse Feet Made of Pure Moissanite
NOTE: this product has sold out already, but since we have received numerous requests asking to buy it, we have decided to make it available as a custom built-to-order model. You can place a non-refundable order for it at our linkpop page with an expected wait time of 2 months.
Similar to SAPPHIRESKATES, but more expensive for the ultimate flex. Also harder and more durable, this is an extremely unique set of mouse skates made of moissanite. Moissanite is a lot more than just a diamond simulant. It's a special type of single-crystal silicon carbide, and a material that is harder than sapphire.
We are selling this unique set at only the cost we paid for the material. Why? It's because moissanite we found to have slightly higher amounts of friction compared to sapphire, and because of that, it probably isn't worth it for us to move forward with mass-production.
Who it's for: someone who wants a similar feel to sapphire, but more control. It's ideal if you want to avoid a mouse from being too slippery when held in a stationary position. This is especially important in games like CSGO and Valorant in which you are holding a corner. If static friction is too low, then it becomes an issue. With FLEXSKATES, you can hold your crosshair stationary quite easily but once the mouse is in motion, friction is very low and consistent.
- 3.5 carats of moissanite in total.
- Gold finish, highly reflective.
- 6 skates per set.
- Heat-treated for unique meteor-gold color and enhanced durability.
- Comes with full packaging, spare adhesive, and accessories.
- 1/1 made.
- All sales are final since this is a unique item.
- Slightly thicker than Sapphireskates, use with a mouse that you can adjust LOD. (since it is 1/1, we couldn't risk going too thin which could result in cracking during manufacturing).
- Buyer must be willing to accept slight imperfections (one piece has slightly different color and occlusions but we included it anyways as an additional bonus).
- Signature confirmation required.
- International shipping is restricted to DHL only.
The color will have slight variations that will not have any impact on performance.
This is natural, due to the fact that they are made from a single crystal of sapphire.It is highly unlikely that SAPPHIRESKATES will crack as this has never happened to us. But unscratchable != unbreakable. If you notice the appearance of cracks, it's usually the adhesive at the bottom not being fully distributed. You can push in the skates to allow the adhesive to settle or can try applying new adhesive.
SAPPHIRESKATES works with soft, medium, and some hard mousepads (if the material is similar to plastic). On surfaces such as glass or metal, you must exercise caution: these surface types must be kept clean in order to get the optimal glide, and if you slam the mouse (while raging, for example) you risk cracking the skates beyond repair. However, even these surfaces will not scratch SAPPHIRESKATES.
Please allow 24 hours to adjust to SAPPHIRESKATES. Most gamers adjust easily to them, but muscle memory still needs to adapt. Also, the adhesive gradually cures and hardens even more. Check for any dust or lingering adhesive that is still stuck to the skates and ensure that the skates are properly seated within the mouse channel (not on the raised side wall).
INCLUDED IN THE BOX
INCLUDED IN THE BOX
Alcohol Prep Pads
Plenty of spare die-cut 3M Adhesive
Sandpaper (you can use this to remove stubborn adhesive, or if you absolutely must, you can manually sand the mouse channel to adjust the sensor height if needed).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is SAPPHIRESKATES?
- Premium gaming mouse skates that are made of pure sapphire.
- What's the point of them?
- To deliver the most consistent glide that doesn't degrade over time.
- Which mouses are compatible with SAPPHIRESKATES?
- Just about any gaming mouse will work. The diameter is 7mm, which is the same diameter of the rear channel of the Logitech G Pro Superlight. You can check your own mouse to see if the 7mm diameter can fit within your mouse's recessed channel.
- Some mice do not have a recessed channel. They still have a channel, but it's the same height as the rest of the mouse bottom, such as with the final mouse ultralight 2. In this case, you can put them anywhere on the mouse bottom.
- Why are SAPPHIRESKATES so expensive?
- This is a premium gaming product. The goal in developing it was to utilize the best possible material. Sapphire has very unique properties but is also very expensive. The cost of the material is extremely high for a product in the computer peripherals industry. Comparatively, ceramic, glass, or PTFE are virtually free (if you only consider material cost.) More importantly, the difficulty of working sapphire adds to the cost: PTFE, glass, and ceramic can be cast using a mold. With sapphire, it must be cut by a skilled gemcutter and then polished to reach its intended shape.
- Can you get scratches on SAPPHIRESKATES?
- They are virtually unscratchable. What this means: if two surfaces come in contact, the softer material yields to the harder one. If enough force is applied, permanent deformation occurs (scratches). Sapphire is an extremely hard material and it's highly unlikely that you will encounter anything (except a diamond) that will scratch them.
- Are they unbreakable?
- Unscratchable != Unbreakable. With enough force, sapphire can crack beyond repair. If you are the type of gamer that is prone to slamming their mouse when raging AND you use a hard mousepad, then you risk breaking the skates. That being said, in all of our testing, we have yet to break any SAPPHIRESKATES, not even a crack.
- Are there cracks in my skates?
- As mentioned before, we haven't encountered cracks. We know it's possible , but unlikely. However, it can sometimes appear as if there are cracks. More than likely, it's because of the adhesive below not being evenly distributed, or there is debris that is stuck to the skates.
- What type of sapphire do you use specifically?
- We use extremely pure synthetic sapphire crystal. You may be wondering "why not natural sapphire". But the reality is that synthetic sapphire is far from fake sapphire. It has the exact same structure is natural crystal but without imperfections. That is why synthetic sapphire crystal is almost always used in mechanical and optical applications. Natural sapphire is only used for the flex, as with jewelry. High-end watches like Rolex or Patek use synthetic sapphire crystal to protect the watch itself and use synthetic ruby-sapphire for the watch internal bearings.
- What's the difference between Ruby and Sapphire?
- Ruby and sapphire are the same mineral (Al2O3, crystalline aluminum oxide). Whether produced in nature or in a lab, the ruby red color comes from a process called doping. A dopant is another element that gives sapphire (and other Al2o3 crystals) their different colors. In the case of ruby, the dopant is trace amounts of chromium. The reason why watchmakers use dopants for sapphire bearings is because it's extremely easy to lose sight of a clear crystal. Whether it's called a ruby or a sapphire somewhat depends on purpose and industry.
- What type of mousepad works best with SAPPHIRESKATES?
- Soft and medium hardness mousepads work best. Since the skates themselves are rigid, these surfaces naturally flex elastically, and complement the rigidity of SAPPHIRESKATES. However, in terms of reducing friction, SAPPHIRESKATES perform quite well on any surface, even hard mousepads. We've even tried them on glass: if the glass is kept clean, it works great as the skates can glide nearly silently across the glass (just avoid slamming the mouse).
EXPLAINING THE DIFFERENCES IN COLOR
EXPLAINING THE DIFFERENCES IN COLOR
Same High Performance for All Colors
First of all, the color differences between SAPPHIRESKATES models are purely cosmetic. However, it's worth explaining why this is the case, and also why blue is more expensive.
RUBY RED VS. BLUE SAPPHIRE (Why is Blue More Expensive?)
Both rubies and sapphire are the same mineral (corundum) whose formula is Al₂O₃.
The Difference in Semantics - Ruby vs Sapphire
From a language perspective within the gemstone industry, a ruby is a sapphire of a specific red color. Any other color of corundum corundum is a sapphire (for example, blue sapphire or pink sapphire).
The Difference in How It's Made
With crystals, you can't simply dye it a different color. You can't paint or coat it because it would change its natural qualities of the surface (in addition to not being as durable as sapphire). Coloring corundum is done with the same process, whether it's done in a lab or in nature: this process is called 'doping' (not to be confused with drugs).
To color the crystal, a trace amount of a different element must be introduced into the crystal lattice structure. For ruby, the dopant used is chromium. For blue sapphire, it's titanium and iron. Again, this process happens in nature and is also done in a lab. A big part of the reason why gemstones can fetch a wide range of prices depends on the color qualities as a result of the doping process.
Finally: Why is Blue More Expensive
The reason why blue is more expensive is simply because the raw material cost is more expensive for us. To delve a bit deeper, achieving a blue hue is more difficult during the crystal growth process. The blue requires greater precision in the trace amount of dopants that are infused into it.
What this all means in terms of pricing and availability
Given the greater material cost combined with the desire to give customers more choice, the plan is to make the ruby red color the standard model so that more people can try SAPPHIRESKATES. The blue (and other future colors) are priced based accordingly to our material cost.
In light of full transparency, we listed blue as a limited model and will try to provide more specifics in the future. As of right now, we are only able to produce very small quantities with the blue color, and will provide notice ahead of time when the final restock of a limited model is happening.
HOW TO USE
HOW TO USE
1. In a clean & undistracted area, gently lift top layer. Unbox contents.
2. Use prep pads to remove residue leftover from previous mice feet.
3. Install SAPPHIRESKATES. Apply pressure for 10 seconds per skate.
4. Use microfiber cloth to remove any remaining adhesive & debris. You can either use 4 of the SAPPHIRESKATES and keep 1 as a spare, or you can use all 5. Here are some example configurations and placement tips: https://sapphireskates.com/pages/installation-guide
All products ship from the United States (California).
Warning: no refunds or replacements on International First-Class Mail.
After a re-stock, we ship out within about 1 week from the time your order is placed. Otherwise, if stock levels are good, we ship within 24 hours.
Currently we offer USPS shipping of 3 different tier levels:
-USPS First Class Mail: Arrives in 5-10 days
-USPS Priority Mail: Arrives in 2 to 5 days
-USPS Priority Mail: Arrives in 1 Business Day
International customers may have the option of USPS, UPS, and DHL and options differ by country. We selected options based on our historical records of failure rates from various countries.
You will be able to view the options available to you at checkout.
Buyers are responsible for paying customs fees if there are any charges, but this is rare.
We typically re-stock our inventory at least once a month with the goal of being in stock most of the time. To know the specific times of when we will add more inventory to the site as well as new releases, please subscribe to our email list which you can find near the top of this page (right below the buy box).
We understand that for various reasons, our product may not be the best suited for you. Before returning, we do encourage you to email firstname.lastname@example.org for product troubleshooting. But we certainly accept refunds for products returned to us, required that the buyer pays for return shipping.
Returns of undamaged product are accepted within 14 days, starting from the time when you receive the product.
Product must be shipped back to us with the original inner capsule with all of the pieces inside. The rest of the packaging is not required.Please email email@example.com to initiate a return.
Upon us receiving the product, we will reimburse the customer the cost of the product not including taxes, minus the cost for return shipping (if buyer has not yet paid for return shipping).
For example, if the customer purchased 1 set of Ruby Sapphireskates, we will refund them $49.99 USD.